There’s nothing better than starting a wedding day by styling and photographing bridal details. Styling the rings, shoes, invitations, and dress really get my creativity flowing. I enjoy photographing details so much, I recently started assembling a styling kit and bringing it with me to the getting ready location. This has really helped me to level up my detail shots! Here’s a little look at what’s in my styling kit for wedding details.
1. Hand-painted styling mat from JRD Art Shop
2. A couple silver trays I thrifted and polished up
3. Velvet ring boxes in a few different colors, each with two ring slots
4. Chiffon ribbon in neutrals, pinks, blues, and grays
5. A sea urchin shell and a couple oyster shells I’ve collected and keep for my beach couples
6. Elmer’s Tac ‘N Stik to help get those ring shots when they just won’t stay put (don’t worry, it does not mess up the rings and comes off clean!)
7. A heavy duty silver 3M hook to hang dresses when there’s not a great place to hang them or I find a beautiful spot I want to use but there’s nothing to hang them on.
8. Small clamps because you never know when you’ll need something like that
I’m constantly adding to my kit and it’s honestly super addicting once you get started. I’m excited to create more beautiful detail photos so soon! Want to know what details you should have ready to be photographed? Check this out!