There’s a ton of wedding day advice out there and let’s be honest, it’s all relatively the same. I wanted to write out a few wedding day tips you may not have heard before and will help level up your wedding day!
1. If you want to do a first look but still want that “surprise” moment as you walk down the aisle, save your veil for the ceremony! Do your first look without it.
2. Rent your classic car for cocktail hour. Better lighting for photos plus you can visit a couple different locations and have some alone time together en route.
3. Writing your own vows? Consider reading them to each other during your first look. This makes the moment more personal for just the two of you!
4. After “I do” when you’re walking back down the aisle, stop in the middle and kiss. You’ll get a super cute photo with your guests cheering you on in the background!
5. Pass champagne, wine, or another cocktail right after the ceremony ends. This will cut down on the line during that rush to the bar when cocktail hour begins. It also adds an extra celebratory touch!
6. Consider a ceremony “exit” in addition to (or in place of) the exit at the end of your wedding day. Give each guest biodegradable confetti, dried flowers, bubbles, etc. to throw as you walk down the aisle as newlyweds. This adds a celebratory touch and you’ll have great lighting for exit photos. Plus, not everyone stays until the end of the reception so this option lets everyone in on the fun!
7. Seat your parents on the side opposite you during your ceremony. For example, if you’re standing on the left, seat your parents on the right. That way when you look over your groom’s shoulder during the ceremony, you’ll see your people instead of your inlaws (not that there’s anything wrong with that 🙂). Plus, your family will be able to see your face instead of your side or back.
Have you heard these before? Let me know what other great tips you have for brides and grooms to be!