It’s heating up in Charleston! But that doesn’t mean you can’t schedule a summer photo session. Following some smart tips to stay cool and hydrated during your photo shoot can make it a breeze. Whether you’re having a summer wedding or just need some new family photos, these things can make it fabulous:
- Drink lots of water! I can’t say this enough. Make sure you stay hydrated in the days leading up to your photos, bring water to your session, and rehydrate afterwards. If you don’t care for bland, plain water, try infusing it with fruits!
- Freeze some water bottles to bring with you. Not only will it keep the water cold but it also makes a nice ice pack.
- Schedule your photos for early in the morning or late in the evening. Right after sunrise or just before sunset can be a lot cooler.
- Wear appropriate clothes for the season. Put away those jeans and sweaters and wear cool, breathable clothing.
- Always wear sunscreen! You’ll be out in the sun for a little while so protect your skin.
- Make sure to bring a snack for the kids. Kids tend to get cranky, especially when it’s hot outside. Fruits or popsicles work great!
- Bring a change of clothes. Not only will this relieve you from your sweaty clothes halfway through, it’ll also give you some variety in your photos.
- Ladies! Think about getting your makeup airbrushed. It holds up so much better, even in the heat and humidity of a Charleston summer.
- Bugspray is a must, especially if we’re shooting in a more natural setting.
- If you don’t want to wear bug spray, put some dryer sheets in your pockets. They keep away those pesky gnats!
PRO TIP: Take a trip to the pool or to the beach after your session or break out the sprinklers and Slip N Slide at home!
If you’re prepared for the heat, your summer photo session will go much more smoothly. Want to take some photos this summer? Let’s chat!