You know how they say if you put your dreams out into the universe, they might come true? Well, here goes nothing. It’s a little scary to just put this out there but everyone has that secret list of venues where they would love to work. Today I’ve compiled the top 5 Charleston wedding venues on my wish list!
1. Runnymede Plantation — Truly my number one. In my opinion this is one of the most unique and breathtaking wedding venues in Charleston. This place has got it all – historic charm, brick ruins, huge mossy oak trees, gorgeous river views… It’s also where Kyle and I were married in 2018! If you want something different but absolutely breathtaking, this might be it!
2. Middleton Place — Middleton Place is such a common place for weddings but sadly, I’ve never shot a wedding there. I’m in love with this estate’s brick, ivy covered surfaces, beautiful grounds, and of course the sheep!
3. Pineland Place — Pineland Place is a lot newer than most of the venues on this list but it’s a keeper for sure! Located just outside of Charleston in Moncks Corner, this place has a quiet, laid back vibe. If you’re looking for a barn type venue that’s a little more upscale, check out this spot surrounded by pines.
4. Oldfield Club — I get all the heart eyes when I think about Oldfield Club. I’ve been there a few times and I’m obsessed with it’s double staircase, Spanish moss and ivy everywhere, and the sweet dock out over the river. This place is located in Okatie, SC, but it’s well worth the travel time. This venue is quiet, tranquil, and so Southern it makes me giddy.
5. The Governor Thomas Bennett House — If you’re looking for a downtown Charleston wedding venue with all the Charleston charm, check out The Governor Thomas Bennett House. Located in downtown Charleston, the estate has the beautiful Southern facade, private garden, and gorgeous interior that makes it so uniquely Charleston.