Brides spend so much time picking out their wedding details leading up to the big day. From their bridal accessories to their wedding stationary, these details can pull together the wedding day look and are unique to each bride.
When I arrive on site for a wedding day, I like to start by photographing all of these special details in a beautiful way. I bring along ribbons, ring boxes, and a few other elements to compliment your wedding details.
Here are 5 tips to level up your detail photos and make them the very best they can be!
1. Have your details ready
I ask brides to gather all of their details in one place so I can get straight to work when I arrive. Details may include:
- Rings (all 3)
- Invitation suite (including addressed envelope)
- A nice hanger (for your wedding dress photos)
- Veil and hair pieces
- Old, new, borrowed, and blue
- Any gifts
- Plus anything sentimental you are using on the wedding day!
2. Ask your florist for some loose blooms that match your wedding flowers
I can use extra flowers in your detail flat lays to make things extra pretty and make your details pop! This also gives your detail photos a more cohesive look with the rest of your wedding gallery.
3. Have your flowers delivered to the getting ready location
Have your florist deliver your bouquet and loose flowers to the place the bride is getting ready. I love to include the bouquet in some of the detail shots!
4. Bring two sets of your paper goods
Providing two sets of your invitations, save the dates, and any other paper goods allows me to capture both sides in the same shot. Don’t forget the envelopes!
5. Get a pretty hanger for your wedding dress
It may seem like a little thing but a pretty hanger for your gorgeous wedding dress can make a world of difference in your dress photos. It doesn’t have to be fancy or personalized. Even just a nice wooden hanger will be a huge improvement over the plastic one your dress probably came on.